Lifestyle-Notion

News

A Girl with Down-Syndrome in Miss Pageant

Mikayla Holmgren is the first woman with Down Syndrome to compete in Miss Minnesota USA pageant. She won many awards and she had received a lot of attention from the media after she took part in this competition. This young woman is certainly amazing as she touched hearts of many people. This is why it is undeniable that she deserves all the awards she got.

At the Ames Center in Burnsville where the competition has taken place she won the Spirit of Miss USA Award and Director's Award. She also received a standing ovation from the audience while accepting these awards. It is, therefore, incredible how her inside and outside beauty got everyone's attention.

She said in an interview for CBS Minnesota: "I want to do this, on my own and I'm really, really proud of myself."

This girl is also very absorbed by dance. She started to have dancing lessons since she was six years old. Besides, prior to this competition, in 2015, she was crowned Minnesota Junior Miss Amazing.

Moreover, she posted on her Facebook that: "I hope to continue dancing. I want to teach art to young children. And would love to model. I want to live independently and continue to be an advocate for inclusion. I want to be a light shining for acceptance."



Image Source:  http://stmedia.startribune.com/images/ows_149286126272145.jpg